Monday, August 17, 2009

Walking & Talking

Just wanted to show you a video of how you've been walking for the last 2 weeks. You took your first steps July 26 and you've been off pretty much since then. You also just learned to climb this past Saturday night. Just when you master one thing and are safe doing it, you learn something else and are in danger of falling again! Oh my silly girl!

Since I am trained as speech pathologist, it seems appropriate that I comment on your language! You are using lots of words already! 'Teddy' was definitely your 1st word- don't know why, but you said it everytime you saw any stuffed animal. Then 'dada' then 'mama.' Following close by 'cheese' 'ball' 'shoe.' You know lots of animal sounds too! Your 'ooh ooh ah' complete with monkey sign is so cute (I did not teach you that sign you just learned it)! And I love it when you answer, "what's a sheep say?" with the cutest 'baa' I've ever heard! Your latest words are 'Mary' which sounds like 'mama,' I know it's Mary b/c you say it and point to a statue or picture of the Blessed Mother, and 'Jesus,' which sounds just like cheese.

You just woke up from a nap- perfect timing!

1 comment:

krystal said...

I love what you are doing on here for Mary Elise, such a good way to look back when she is older! She has the best smile ever and what a great walker she is becoming!